Earlier this year we embarked on a two month road trip to film the Third Season of the Ultimate Braai Master and I thought that I would share some interesting facts from the road trip!
- 62 crew members, 30 contestants.
- 18 cracked wind screens.
- 98 punctures.
- 101 tons of wood burnt.
- 1231g of daily caffeine in take (crew can’t survive without coffee).
- 45 vehicles, including three 8-ton trucks, 1 dedicated to the Pick n Pay pantry who followed us through SA and Namibia.
- 69 pairs of lost socks and undies.
- Over 108 000 meals prepared and eaten.
- 7200ish KWV brandy and cokes.
- 3 sprained ankles; 2 belonging to Justin Bonello, and 1 broken hand.
- Over 200 oysters eaten in Luderitz, Namibia.. (no joke, they were R5 each).
- 16 months to produce the show: pre-production, production and post production. Filming cycles over lap.
Take a look into our world and meet the travelling circus who operate behind the scenes to make it all happen! You’d be surprised at the band of misfits that I call family.
Now we’re gearing up to do it all again!
Entries open soon so watch this space for all the details.